Zimnat scooped five awards at the 2018 Marketers Association of Zimbabwe (MAZ) awards event at The Kingdom Hotel in Victoria Falls last week, earning recognition from the industry body for exceptional work done in the course of the year.
The final award decisions are made by seasoned professionals nominated to the marketing adjudication board based on set criteria.
MAZ has 206 company members and 600 individual members.
‘We’re extremely happy for the recognition, especially as we only launched our campaign in June. For it to get such recognition in a short space of time is phenomenal,’ says Angela Mpala, Zimnat Group Marketing Executive. ‘We’re also challenged to raise the bar higher and do even better next year.’
Zimnat was named in the top three in five of the 10 award categories:
- Best outdoor advert – winner: Joina City car crash billboard
- Brand manager of the year – winner: Shingirai Mazambani
- Best integrated promotional campaign – first runner-up: ‘Making Life Better’ campaign, including all promotional material (press, radio, television and digital). Kwese iFlix won the category.
- Marketer of the year (executive) – first runner-up: Angela Mpala
- Best print advert – second runner-up: Testimonial press ads showing how Zimnat makes life better.